Forgot to post my wife’s Steampunk(ish) Pistol when she finished! Oops! Here it is:
- Custom Made Steampunk Nerf Batman Blaster Pistol (neatorama.com)
So I seem to be on a bit of a Steampunk kick lately… And I guess a lot of other folks are too. My Steampunk Pistol post was my most viewed in quite some time. At any rate, one of my favorite web comics: Goblins, Life Through Their Eyes brought an excellent Kickstarter project to my attention:
So, I’m hoping you will all go check it out. And hopefully back it. And if you do back it, I hope you’ll also share it. There’s a lot of regurgitation in the media now days, let’s try to get some more original projects going.
- The Ship: Full Steam Ahead is a steampunk murder game on Kickstarter (joystiq.com)
- 10 Tips for Launching your Steampunk Project on Kickstarter – by Julie Brannon (beyondvictoriana.com)
My wife and I have had 2 Nerf Maverick pistols for a while now, and they are a lot of fun. They have an awesome design, but they look ridiculous in the neon Nerf colors.
So, we decided they could do with some modifications. A little time with a dremel to sand off the logos and lettering, some metallic paints and PVC, and voila. I decided to go with a Steampunk aesthetic (which is apparently quite popular for these guns), and she’s aiming a little more future-sci-fi.
I finished mine pretty quickly, a few hours tops. But she’s doing some internal modding with LEDs and such. I promise to post as soon as she’s finished. In the mean time…. I’m going to go play with my awesome new dart gun!
- Halloween Steampunk Notebook (handcraftedsteam.wordpress.com)
- The Blunderbuss Gets The Steampunk Treatment – In LEGO! [Pics] (winextra.com)